Image Courtesy of Todd White

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Déjà vu.

11

I walk out of a house, sun is shining, screen door slaps against the door frame behind me. I pull my wavy blonde hair into a ponytail, grab a brown basket, smooth out the skirt of my yellow dress, walk out under a massive tree and….that’s it.

For the past few years, I have this recurring image that pops into my head at random times. It shows up when I’m daydreaming, about to go to bed, making dinner, reading. I’m not kidding when I say at any time, this image will just flash in my head.

Its odd for a few reasons. I despise the color yellow on me. I haven’t had blonde hair for as long as I can remember. And it always just….ends. Sometimes I will sit there and try to conjure up some sort of continuation, as if I’m being told the story of my life and the person just closed the book without finishing. I practically beg my brain to show me what’s next. But it never happens. And I just go back to what I was doing before, and the image is forgotten.

I could try and analyze it for hours, but really, what is there to analyze?

Screen door, brown basket, yellow dress, blonde hair, big tree. No deep meaning there.

But I do know there is a reason my brain decides to fire this image for me at random times. I just hope someday it either comes to me, or the image continues on to some sort of story.

Anyone else this crazy?

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Maybe it's a vision of your future, somehow. Or a life you'd like to lead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That image sounds so beautiful and intimate to me. I have deja vu every once and again and I really believe in some unfinished energy there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if perhaps it's a vision of your future daughter :-o Or perhaps a memory of a grandmother? Or great aunt? Very interesting....

    ReplyDelete
  4. How intriguing. I am going to agree with the unfinished business theory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're not crazy... or if you are, then I'm riding on the same crazy train. I have these kinds of random memories/dreams all the time and I do the same thing. Close my eyes and try to go back there to make sense of the madness. I was told once that our minds are capable of remembering a face we saw once briefly for the rest of our lives, so every face we see is of someone we have met previously. Interesting, right?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to see what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...