Here in So Cal when it rains, every news channel has an update on “Storm Watch 2009!” Its almost pathetic, but not as pathetic as the people who suddenly forget how to drive the second the first raindrop hits their windshield. Ill admit, I drive a little more cautiously as well, but I don’t turn into an idiot. Im sitting here thinking “man my toes are cold” (duh, Im wearing thin flats) while reading things from my friends like V braving the first winter snow in Chicago, my sister waiting for the ice to melt on her windshield in North Carolina, or Dyanee glad she got her errands done yesterday because today its -12 outside in Montana. And yet, I still kinda want to move there.
Today is a slow day at work (when isn’t it for me, I know) but I just cant seem to open up my book and read, I keep staring out the window and daydreaming. Im feeling very grateful for random things. I know, we just celebrated a holiday filled with this sort of thing, but the Christmas music playing on my laptop and the cold nipping at my toes is just getting me in that kind of mood. I started to think of all the random stuff I appreciate that never would be something I would put on a list of things Im thankful for. Mostly they are things that make me happy, even if its just for a moment….
- My BFF/roommate likes to whistle and sing when he is alone, even when Im sure he has had a bad day. I bet he has no idea it always makes me pause and smile
- Kim’s laugh
- My nephews voice when he says “see you later” which sounds more like “see you waiter”
- The fact that The Boy always runs warm, whereas I always run cold, and how he knows to warm my feet without me even asking
- Also when he kisses the palm of my hand
- When my dad calls me with a dirty joke
- Gatorade after a night of drinking
- A good glass of red wine
- Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese. Everyone must love this one.
And last but not lease (drumroll please)…the sound of the rain.
Hope everyone is having a good winter! What are your random thoughts of happy?