Image Courtesy of Todd White

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Plain.

I know this sounds weird, but I have had an emotional reaction - to a commercial.


Not only because I think its an amazing commercial - considering its an ad for greek yogurt. But I relate to the poem. Its how I have felt about myself in the past year or so, and how I see my near future.

Plain was the same as it ever was the same.
Plainly plain…
Samely same…
But then…someone lit the flame.
Plain rode away on lion’s mane.
Where plain met fruits with strangely names.
Such wonderful things they did contain.
A shot of life to a hungry vein.
The captive beast who broke the chain.
And there upon that fruited plane,
is where plain became what plain became.
So much more than more than plain. 
Plain will never be the same.


Here's hoping my life has a little color soon.

3 comments:

  1. You are too funny. Yogurt. But hey, whatever gets you going...

    Cheers to color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful commercial! It's art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...we saw this commercial the other night and TEN said "they need to fire their marketing person". I thought it was very random, to be honest. Not that there was anything wrong with the poem, but I felt like I should have been in a basement bar at a poetry reading.

    Anyway, sorry to hear you are feeling plainly plain and samely same :(

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to see what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...